The tradition of the Brielhof dates back more than
400 years. First mentioned in 1602 the Brielhof is
known to be a royal mansion for hunting. A map from
1716 shows the Brielhof as a post station with large
mews and agricultural buildings.
In 1897 the great grandfather of the present owner,
Mr Wilhelm Hentsch, got married to the daughter of
the local brewery, the Schlossbrauerei Haigerloch.
His wife Ms Elise Zöhrlaut contributed the Brielhof
to the new family.
In 1997 we have celebrated our centennial jubilee in
However, even in the early days the Brielhof had a
lot to offer: The lavish painting on the ceiling in
the Fürstenzimmer, which dates back to the year
1890, opens the view to the illustruous and highly
reputable guests staying at the Brielhof in those
Due to the visit of the German Emperor the railway
station of Hechingen is being built.The decorative
wall paintings at the station are being produced by
the same artist who painted the ceiling in the
Fürstenzimmer of the Brielhof. Therefore, it is
thought that the Emperor has been among the guests
at the Brielhof and the Fürstenzimmer had been
created for that special visit.
Since many generations our family is thriving for
excellence. Our guests should feel truly at home and
should truly remember their visit to the Brielhof.
We sincerely hope that we are successful in this